Amazon Cloud Drive is an Internet service storage in the cloud, or more specifically a hard drive service in the cloud. Basically this service uses the cloud to enable its users to store files or entire folders in the cloud.
It is part of the services offered by the well known company Amazon, and to access the Amazon Cloud Drive you need to have an Amazon account. This is to ensure that your data belongs to your and it also keeps things organized as well.
Access Your Files From the Amazon Website
You can install programs on Amazon Cloud Drive with various operating systems and devices such as: Windows, Mac, iPhone and Android. You can also access your files from their website which is very helpful if you are using a device which isn’t supported.
Storage Space Offered By Amazon Cloud Drive
The Amazon Cloud Drive service is free, with which you can have files that use up to 5 GB of space. You can pay for services which allow you to have more space, which can be: 20 GB, 50 GB, 100 GB, 200 GB, 500 GB and up to 1000 GB of cloud storage.
Features of Amazon Cloud Drive
With Amazon Cloud Drive, you must have an account with Amazon and install one of the clients. In your operating system, there should be a folder called “Cloud Drive”. Everything you put in that folder is automatically saved in the cloud for Cloud Drive, in a safe, exclusive area for your files. Here are some of the features of Amazon Cloud Drive:
- With the free personal account, you get up to 5GB of storage space.
- You can access your files from anywhere, with any of your devices using the Amazon Cloud Drive client (for Windows and Mac), their website, or application for iPhone or Android.
- You can have up to eight different devices that can access your files in the cloud.
- If you buy music through Amazon MP3 this can be stored in your Amazon Cloud Drive without the songs counting as space from your 5 GB of free space.
- You do not need an Internet connection to view files you already have on your device. You can even add things to your Cloud Drive folder and the client will transfer them when a connection is available.
- You can use Amazon Cloud Drive from your mobile devices.
Using the Amazon Cloud Drive Folder
Amazon gives you a folder on Cloud Drive, which can handle any other folder on your computer: You can add files at your convenience, you can even open them directly with applications like Word, Excel, etc. The difference is that the Amazon Cloud Drive folder is automatically synchronized in the cloud.
Installing the Cloud Drive On Another Computer
If you have other devices such as another computer, you can install Amazon Cloud Drive on the second computer, you can use your account to access your stuff, and presto! All your files will be available, plus they are synchronized in both directions: the first computer changes will be in the second and vice versa, it’s as simple as working on a shared disk.
Using Amazon Cloud Drive With Internet
In order for Amazon Cloud Drive to work properly, you need to have an Internet connection. The time it takes for the file synchronization depends on both your bandwidth and the amount of information that is being transmitted.
Using Amazon Cloud Drive Without Internet
You can also use Amazon Cloud Drive without Internet connection, with the understanding that the synchronization automatically occurs until you have an available connection. This is nice because it allows you to add files even if you are not connected to the internet.
Secured Data Encryption
Amazon also focuses on data encryption as well. This is nice because it allow you to not worry about how safe your data is. This is also beneficial because it allows you to have the highest amount of privacy with your information.
Amazon Cloud Drive
- Storage Options over 1TB
- Offline Editing Capabilities
- Robust Security
- Hard to Access via Web Browser