Too often, we realize the value of backup of precious family photographs and important documents after a disaster. We’ve heard all kinds of stories. A system crashes and disappears entire contents of the hard disk.
Norton Online Backup is the best solution to keep important files safe such as documents or photos from accidental erasure on your hard drive, virus attack or other failure that may cause loss of data on your storage disks.
Features of Norton Online Backup
Norton offers you 5GB of storage to save your backups and allows one account with space online to copy the files you want in to five different devices. You’ll be able to recover the files you lost anytime and anywhere while connected to the Internet. Here are some of the key features of Norton backup:
- Automatic backup online
- Backups are available for multiple computers.
- You can restore your files from any computer with internet access.
- Compression and encryption of data.
- You can select what you want to backup manually.
Backup From Different Devices
Norton Online Backup helps protect your valuable files as it performs backups of them in their data centers and are protected online. With 25 GB of storage, you can back up files from up to 5 household PCs and easily add more storage as needed.
High Levels of Security
Your data is protected with a high level of encryption when sent over the Internet and when stored in Norton’s secure servers. And they do not stop there. Norton stores multiple copies of data, so they even have a backup of your backup.
Manage Your Files
Managing files between computers is as simple. Do you have a new team of employees? Copying your files that are backed up from the old computer to the new one is a cinch, even between PCs and Macs. Norton Online Backup is also perfect if you are constantly moving.
View Your Files From Any Computer
With access anytime, anywhere, you can view your files from any computer. All you need is an Internet connection. And because it saves previous versions of files, it saves any changes made in the last 90 days, so you can restore previous files if needed.
Norton Stores Your Data Safely
Thanks to backups of your data that are performed online, your information is safely stored in their servers and is protected online, there are no discs or units to manage. Norton does all the work for you, just set it and forget. With incremental backups, you only need to add new files and change existing files, which saves time and space.
Norton has certain system requirements. This is to ensure that your computer will be able to easily handle the program. This allows the program to easily save all the files you want to save and easily put them in the online network. Here are the system requirements:
Windows operating systems
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) Home / Professional / Tablet PC / Media Center with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit) Starter / Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit) Starter / Home Basic / Home / Premium / Professional / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro (32 and 64 bits) Some functions are not available for browsing with Windows 8.
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit)
Mac operating systems
- OS X 10.5
- OS X 10.6
- OS X 10.7
Internet Browser Compatibility
- Google Chrome (supports the current versions and most recent previous versions)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10
- Mozilla Firefox (supports the current and most recent versions)
- Safari 5 and 6 (OS X only)
Norton Online Backup
- Secure Backup
- Multiple Computer Support